Young America’s Foundation regularly reviews and audits course catalogs, textbook requirements, commencement speakers, and other key metrics that show the true state of higher education in America. These reports peel back the shiny veneer colleges and universities place on themselves in the name of “higher” education to reveal a stark reality: campuses devoid of intellectual diversity populated with leftist professors, faculty, and administrators intent on indoctrinating the rising generation in the ways of the Left.
Today’s universities create and even trumpet their “diversity and inclusion” centers and gleefully release statistics on the diversity of race, gender, and sexual orientation of their faculty while remaining entirely homogeneous when it comes to diversity of ideas.
As tuition rates increase and students face ever-growing college-related debt, the value and quality of education plummets. Rather than training the next generation of American leaders, so-called “premiere” institutions graduate class after class of adults who are unable to tolerate opposing viewpoints.
Many of the courses and descriptions listed in this year’s report may seem comical at first glance, but the situation that continues to unfold on America’s campuses is hardly a laughing matter. Beyond the inane, identity- and intersectionality-obsessed topics, these classes advance a liberal agenda, malign conservatives and their values, and shut out ideological diversity.
Since 1995, Young America’s Foundation has released “Comedy and Tragedy” to document the intellectual abuse and flat-out indoctrination happening by way of the appalling curriculum at our country’s most (so-called) prestigious institutions of higher education.
The full report covering 250+ courses at more than 50 of America’s top-ranked colleges and universities can be viewed and downloaded here, but keep reading for YAF’s ‘Dirty Dozen’ list.
- “Gender in Gaming” – University of Illinois ENGL 277
- “Eco/Queer/Feminist Art Practices” – University of Michigan WOMENSTD 434
- “Marx for Today” – University of Minnesota CSCL 3405
- “Unsettling Whiteness” – Northwestern University AFAMST 339
- “Queering God: Feminist and Queer Theology” – Swarthmore College RELG 032
- “American Misogyny” – Middlebury College AMST 0325
- “Latinx Sexual Dissidence and Guerrilla Translation” – Davidson College LAS 394
- “Marx in the 21st Century” – Princeton University FRS 139
- “Queering Childhood” – Pomona College GWS 142
- “Cuba from Emancipation to Revolution” – University of Georgia HIST 4211
- “Global Capitalism and Racism” – University of Tennessee SOCI 460
- “Humanity or Nah? Blackness, Gender, Resistance, and Memory in Monuments, Maps, and Archives” – Brown University GNSS 1961
For additional information on YAF’s Comedy & Tragedy Report or to request an interview, contact Young America’s Foundation Spokesman Spencer Brown via [email protected] or 800-872-1776.