Fall Campus Tour
Young America’s Foundation is excited to help you host Matt Walsh at your school this fall.
Now more than ever, conservative ideas are in demand on college campuses. And despite the Left’s best efforts, Matt Walsh continues to reach capacity campus audiences and more online.
We understand students may want to host Matt Walsh but lack necessary funding. Due to our generous supporters, Young America’s Foundation is able to assist with costs. Young America’s Foundation and our time-tested process will ensure your event is a success.
How to Host
We will walk you through the entire process of hosting Matt Walsh (or one of our other 70+ speakers) on your campus, and we will provide your organization with both logistical and financial support to ensure your event is a success.
The fall deadline to apply to host Matt is Wednesday, August 30, 2023.
Given the limited number of engagements that Matt can accept, the following requirements MUST be met in order for your school to be considered for an event.
- Young America’s Foundation can cover a substantial portion of Matt’s fee. However, we do require that we are the sole national sponsor of Matt’s campus events.
- Venue must be able to accommodate between 400-500 students and community members.
- The school must allow for the event to be streamed live by Young America’s Foundation and allow for a professional photographer to cover the lecture.
- The school must provide metal detectors and security for the event.
- The venue must be accessible to Young America’s Foundation staff and streaming crew all day of the event.
- The event must be free and open to the public.
- All announcements regarding tickets (if needed) and promotional items must be approved by Young America’s Foundation in advance. Students should have full control of the ticket list.
- Proposal submitted to Young America’s Foundation.
**If at any time one of these requirements are not met or reneged on by the school, Young America’s Foundation reserves the right to re-evaluate the lecture’s feasibility. **
Solicit Your School for Funding
After submitting an inquiry to YAF, you will file a request for funding with your school’s student government and or student activity committee. Please note that in order to be considered for, you must submit your proposal as a Word doc or PDF with the information as outlined in step 3 below.
Many schools are happy to underwrite a parade of liberal speakers on campus, so some funding should rightly go towards conservative speakers. You should request the full amount in your school application. However, we are aware that most funding boards will not provide the full amount. Therefore, Young America’s Foundation will work to provide the balance of the funding you may not receive from your school.
We realize some schools require a tentative date from a speaker in order to receive funding. However, given the high amount of requests Walsh receives, giving a tentative date of availability will not be possible.
Submit Proposal to Young America’s Foundation
After filling out the initial inquiry in step 2, we ask that you submit a proposal to Young America’s Foundation as a Word doc or PDF by close-of-business on August 30, 2023. Please keep in mind that you will be competing with other schools to host Michael Knowles. Make sure your proposal is compelling and underscores your club’s ability to ensure the event will be a success.
Each proposal should include:
- Information on your club’s past activities and record of success
- Why Matt Walsh should speak at your school
- Suggested dates that will work for your club. Be sure to check your school’s athletic and academic calendar to ensure the dates you select do not conflict with midterms, sporting, or other campus events
- Expected attendance and suggested venue for the event. Images and/or a venue floor plan are helpful to include
- The amount you are offering toward Matt Walsh’s honorarium
- How much of the honorarium you are requesting Young America’s Foundation cover
- A tentative schedule for the event including the suggested time of the lecture, book signing or reception
- Confirmation that your club or your school can provide a ticket system for the event, metal detectors, and security